A ROCHA – Associação Cristã de Estudos e Defesa do Ambiente – has its headquarters in Cruzinha, Mexilhoeira Grande, close to Portimão.
Inspired by Christian values, A ROCHA is a non-profit legal entity with the following purposes:
- Study the Environment and Nature;
- Participate in the effort to protect nature and the environment, triggering, if necessary, all legitimate legal and extralegal mechanisms for their defense;
- Participate in the effort to conserve the environmental and natural heritage;
- Participate in the effort to educate the population and communities about the environment and sustainable development;
- Promote a sustainable and integral vision of life in society, in harmony with Christian values.
A ROCHA Portugal is part of an international community of organizations called A ROCHA International, which share the same vision, mission and values.
The current statutes were approved on 14th March 2009.